The Junior Lesson Program at Muskego Lakes CC has been the most popular junior golf program in the Milwaukee area for most of its 44 years of existence. This program has received awards of excellence from the PGA of Wisconsin, Golf Foundation of Wisconsin and the National Golf Course Owners Association. These awards are due to many factors that include: constant changes based upon suggestions, limited class size, minimum one hour lessons (not ½ to ¾ of an hour like most programs) one teacher per 14 students, hands on individual help at each lesson, parental involvement and lessons that include playing golf at least 5 times as part of the total learning experience.
- Lead instructor, Brandy Johnston is an LPGA member and the golf coach for Muskego High School boys and Franklin High School girls.
Our 8 Junior Lesson Programs are available for children ages 6 to 17. A maximum number of registrants has been set for each class.
- The Advanced group and the High School girls will play 9 holes. All other groups will play for a designated amount of time, and can play as many holes as they wish before the time is up.
- Lesson times will have a 15 or 30-minute gap between groups to allow for a better transition between lessons.
- The Club Championship will is for the Advanced group and High School girls ONLY. Instead of playing the last two weeks, we will use the best 3 scores of the season. The golfers with the lowest average will be the winners in their respective flights. Winners will be announced at the Parent-Child Tournament and Banquet.
In our continuing effort to provide the best Junior Golf program in the area, we have made some more changes for the 2020 season.
CHANGES FOR 2020
- Parents will no longer be needed to scorekeep. We will be hiring kids from local high school and college teams to do scoring and assist during lessons for all groups.
- The fee for all groups is being raised by $20 to cover the cost of the added staff members.
- The Parent Child Tournament will be 4 person teams instead of parent & child alone.