2019 Positions Available at Muskego Lakes CC
All hiring for the upcoming season will be done prior to March 15. Please fill out our application and inform us of when you would be available for an interview.
Assistant Golf Professional:
We are looking for 2 people that want to make the golf business their profession. These are full-time seasonal positions starting between April 1 and May 15 through a minimum of August and hopefully through October. One of the two will have the ability to become the first assistant pro starting their second year of employment at Muskego Lakes.
- Will be hands on in all aspects of the golf business that include: inventory control, salesperson, phone sales, tee sheet management, event management, supervisor of bag kids - starters and rangers, golf lessons, cleanliness of work area, minor cart repairs, bartending and starter/rangering.
- Change of displays and come up with imaginative ways to promote/sell all programs and merchandise that we have to offer.
- Gathering customer feedback.
- Be part of the pro shop team in gathering at least 2000 email addresses.
- Ability to experience all phases of golf course management including banquet setup and facilitating.
- Commission of 7% on all greens fees, carts, merchandise sales for golf outings of 20 or more participants that you refer/book. Food and beverage sales for these outings will receive a 3% commission.
- Commission on new memberships sold of 10%.
- 40 hour work week, maximum 10 hrs per day.
- Individual lessons on your own time receiving $40 per hour and keeping all but $5 for range balls.
- Learn to teach in a group lesson format and be paid a separate fee.
- One meal a day.
- PGA dues paid by MLCC.
- No charge to play golf with a cart.
- Ability to play in member golf events after your handicap has been established.
- Tending bar in slow times worth added tip money.
- Worked at a golf course or golf retail store for a minimum of one year.
- Working knowledge of the point of sale and internet tee time program, “Fore Reservations”.
- Able to work weekends the whole season.
- Self starter that looks for things to be done instead of waiting to be told what to do.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Has an average 18 hole score of 82 or less.
- Has a good understanding of the rules of golf and how to use them.
- Has a working knowledge of competitive golf formats.
- Good communication skills with prior experience in some type of management, public speaking, team building or project management.
- Energy level equal to the fast paced business of golf.
- Prefer a minimum of two or three years of college, working towards golf management degree.
- Knowledge of Blue Golf handicap and tournament management program.
- Marketing knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and Linkin.
- Signage design.
- Golf instruction knowledge.
Bartenders/Beverage Cart: We are in need of a total of 6 bartenders. Two positions will be full time seasonal starting in April through mid October. All other bartenders will be part time but must be available at least one weekend shift and at least two weekday shifts at varying hours. Minimum age of 19, no experience necessary but must have been in college for at least one year.
Cart & Range attendants: We need to hire 3 people. Minimum age of 15. Must be available to work from 4pm to 8pm, two week nights per week starting May 1 and one weekend day from 12pm to 7pm. Job entails: parking and cleaning of golf carts, picking up range balls with motorized cart, garbage disposal and cleaning of work area.