The Junior Lesson Program at Muskego Lakes CC has been the most popular junior golf program in the Milwaukee area for most of its 45 years of existence. This program has received awards of excellence from the PGA of Wisconsin, Golf Foundation of Wisconsin and the National Golf Course Owners Association. These awards are due to many factors that include: constant changes based upon suggestions, limited class size, minimum one hour lessons (not ½ to ¾ of an hour like most programs) one teacher per 12 students, hands on individual help at each lesson, and lessons that include playing the golf course a set number of times based upon the students ability level.
- Lead instructor, Brandy Johnston is an LPGA Class B Member and the Head Golf coach for both the Men’s and Women’s teams at Carthage College.
- Our program is divided into 7 separate groups based upon a combination of age, gender and skill level. We accept children ages 6 to 17, with a limit of 24 registrants allowed per class.
- The seven groups are: Girls Only grades 8th through 12th, Girls Only grades 4th through 7th, Advanced boys, Intermediate boys, Beginners age 6 to 10, Lessons Only ages 11 to 15, and Team Competition.
- Lesson times will be for one hours and 15 minutes with a 15-minute gap between groups to allow for a smooth transition from one lesson group to the next one on the schedule.
CHANGES FOR 2021 ARE:
- The Beginners class is open to both boys and girls ages 6 through 10 who are just starting out in golf.
- Parents with a child in the Beginners or Girls Only 4th – 7th will have to score keep one time during the season.
- The Advanced and Intermediate Boys Only groups will be combined for their lessons, but play a different amount of holes from different tees based upon our continual evaluation of their ball striking ability.
- To qualify for the Intermediate group, you have to be at least 11 years of age or have been playing golf for a minimum of two years if younger than 11 years of age.
- Playing golf will be included for 4 of the 7 class days.
- We are combining these two groups, so we can better evaluate each student’s ability and then determine what amount of holes and from which set of tees each student will be playing.
- We’ve added a Lessons Only group on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 7:30 for anybody 11 to 15 years of age.
- In place of offering PGA Jr. League this summer, we’ve decided to run our own MLCC Team Competition League. The first 32 participants ages 7 to 14 will comprise four teams of 8 playing 6-hole scramble matches. All abilities welcome! Your child just needs to be able to walk 6-holes on a golf course carrying their own bag or using a pull cart.
Groups & Fees for 2021
TUESDAY’S – June 15th thru August 3th with no lesson or golf on July 6. The week of June 22, the lesson would be on THURSDAY, June 24th instead of Tuesday.
- Boys - Advanced: Includes 4 nine-hole rounds of golf and 7 golf lessons for those children that can shoot 65 or less for 9 holes on a golf course measuring at least 5300 yards and have the golf knowledge to play in two hours and twenty minutes or less. Classes are with the intermediate group and golf is with fellow participants of similar playing ability. Start time of 11am. $192.00
- Girls only entering 8th thru 12th grade in Sept. 2021: A great opportunity for current high school players to prepare for the 2021 high school season! An interest in high school golf or being a current member of a high school team is NOT required. The seven sessions Include 4 times playing a designated number of holes based upon the students playing ability. Classes are on Tuesdays at 9:30. See the schedule below for details. $192.00.
- Boys - Intermediates: Includes playing golf 4 of the 7 lessons in a scramble format for a set period of time on the course. Normal age group is 11 to 17 years of age with no previous experience necessary. Younger children are eligible provided their ability is enough to not feel out of place with older children. Classes have a start time of 11am. $192.00
- Girls only entering 4th thru 7th grade in Sept. 2021: for beginners and those with limited knowledge and/or participation in playing golf. Includes playing golf 4 of the 7 lessons. Start time is 12:30, $192.00
- Boys & Girls - Beginners: for children ages 6 to 10 just starting out in golf. The seven sessions include playing golf 2 times on shortened holes of the regular course. Children are not required to have played golf prior. Classes have a start time of 2pm. $176.00.
- Lessons Only - Tuesday evening from 6:30 to 7:30 for Boys and Girls ages 11 to 15. Seven lessons for a fee of $135.00.
- MLCC Team Competition - For ages 7 to 14. Sunday evenings at 5:30pm. Maximum 32 participants. 8-person teams. (Players can choose one person to be on the same team) - MLCC determines the remaining team members. Scramble format playing 6 holes in 4 events starting July 11th thru August 1. Cost of $92pp. (Includes: greens fees, range balls and prize fund each week for 4 weeks).
PARENT CHILD TOURNAMENT & BANQUET with AWARDS PRESENTATION, SUNDAY 8/8
All students will play 9 holes on the regular course and be paired with another parent/child team to form a four person team. Both teams will play their own two person team scramble with the event using the better score on each hole of the two teams. The entry fee of $60 per team includes: food, soda, prizes and the parents greens fee. The child plays FREE!. Application forms will be available in July. Current HS players should speak with their coach prior to signing up.
Rules to be Followed for All Classes:
- We ask that your child shows consideration and deposits trash into proper containers.
- No foul language.
- No club throwing or displays of anger.
- No cheating, you must follow the rules of golf and count all strokes and penalties.
- Only hit balls on the range once given permission. This helps avoid the danger of a child getting hit with a ball.
- Never go out on the range to pick up golf balls when someone else is hitting.
- Fix ball marks, rake sand traps and replace divots when playing on the course.
- Keep up to the group in front of you.
- Be ready to hit when it is your turn.
Discipline will result if these rules are not followed. That discipline could include: not being allowed to hit balls during a lesson for some period of time, termination of your round of golf and/or suspension of playing privileges for a period of time. If a child continues to disrupt the program, we reserve the right to terminate their involvement without refund of payment.